Ashoka (Saraca Indica)
Latin Name: Saraca Asoca
Common Name: Ashoka
Sanskrit Name: Ashoka
Other Names: Saracaka Indica, Asoka Tree, Ashoka Tree.
Ashoka (Saraca Indica) Bark Powder: Tonic for the female reproductive system.
Properties of Ashoka
Rasa (Taste): Astringent, Bitter
Guna (Characteristics): Light, Rough
Veerya (Potency): Cool and Calm
Veepaka (Post Digestion Effect): Pungent
Prabhava (Special action on human physiology for which we have explanation how it works): Useful in management of all painful conditions including spasmodic and congestive pain of dysmenorrhoea.
Action and Uses: Astringent, a major herb for the uterus, uterine sedative, uterine/ovarian fibroids, menorrhagia, bleeding hemorrhoids, bleeding dysentery.
Effect of Tridoshas: (Three humors alleviator: Vata (Air), Pitta (Fire) and Kapha (Water), Ashoka pacifies Kapha and Pitta i.e. it is useful in the management of all problems resulting from the aggrevation of Kapha and Pitta.
Ayurveda Value: The Powder of Ashoka contains estrogenic compound ketosterol which is effective against menorrhagia due to uterine fibroid and internal hemorrhoids. It also enhances the restoration of the endometrium and stops bleeding.
Benefits of Ashoka Powder: Useful in menorrhagia (scanty menses), dysmennorhea (menstrual cramps) depression, bleeding hemorehoids, uterine fibroid, and leucorrhea.
Uses of Ashoka Powder
- The decoction made from "Ashoka Powder" is used in hysteria.
- The Powder of it is useful in abdominal discomfort and also helps in deworming.
- It acts as an antiseptic when applied as a paste on cut wounds.
- Boil the "Ashoka Powder" with cow’s milk add sugar in it. Take this milk for 3 months.
- Ashoka acts as a great healer for all female troubles. It prevents gynaecological troubles.
- In Case of Menorrhagia: Boil the powder in water and prepare a decoction. Take this decoction early morning empty stomach.
- In Case of Leucorrhoea:
- Boil the powder while mixing water and cow’s milk. Boil this till the water evaporates. After that add sugar to taste and take once a time regularly.
- Ashoka Powder + Mishri mix it well take ½ teaspoon in morning ½ teaspoons in evening in leucorrhoea.
- Grind mustard with the decoction of the "Ashoka Powder" and dry it in shade. Apply it on your face to turn your facial skin shiny and glinting with glow.
- You can take "Ashoka Powder", if you are suffering from any one of this Menorrhagia, Leucohorrea, Uterine problems such as weakness in ovary, womb secretion, Hysteria, infertility, Genital disorders, Irregular mensuration, Vaginal disorders, Ovarian dysfunction, swelling in feet etc.
- In Case of Pimple: Take 100 gram of "Ashoka Powder" and boil it in 2 glass of water. Take it off when left 1 cup. Mix ½ cup of "Mustard Oil" into it. Keep it for cooling. Apply regularly to get rid of pimples.
**Regular use of "Ashoka Powder" makes a female healthy.
Note: Color, Taste, Aroma of the product may change from batch to batch.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.
Other Uncommon Names of This Herb: Sokanasa, Karnapurakah, Visoka, Raktaka, Ragi, Citra, Sadpadamanjari, Tamrapallavah, Kankeli, Pindapuspa, Gandhapuspa, Gandhapushpa, Nata, Asokah, Sokanasah, Vanjuladruma, Madhupuspa, Apasoka, Kelika, Ramavamanghrighataka, Pallavadru, Raktapallavaka, Citra, Vicitrah, Karnapurakah, Subhagah, Smaradhivasa, Dosahari, Prapallava, Ragitaru, Hemapuspa, Vanjula, Vanjulam, Sorrowless Tree.