Ashoka Powder (Saraca Indica)
Ashoka (Saraca Indica) Heartwood Powder: Tonic for the female reproductive system.
Properties of Ashoka
Rasa (Taste): Astringent, Bitter
Guna (Characteristics): Light, Rough
Veerya (Potency): Cool and Calm
Veepaka (Post Digestion Effect): Pungent
Prabhava (Unique Property): It helps in comfortable monthly flow.
In Ayurveda (Indian herbal system) Ashoka is said to maintain the health of reproductive organs.
Effect on Tridoshas: Ashoka helps to pacify Kapha (Water) and Pitta (Fire).
Ayurveda Value: The Powder of Ashoka contains estrogenic compound ketosterol which helps to control heavy monthly flow.
Benefits of Ashoka Powder: helps to maintain healthy monthly flow & promote comfort during the menstrual days.
- Ashoka is traditionally uterine tonic that supports healthy menstruation.
- It helps to improve digestion of food.
- It helps to improve complexion of body.
- It supports comfortable & healthy monthly flow.
- It helps to tone up the womb (uterus).
- It helps to naturally cleans the female’s organs.
- Helps to promote mental or emotional wellbeing.
Uses of Ashoka Powder
- In Case of Heavy Periods
- Boil the powder in water & prepare a decoction. Take this decoction early morning empty stomach. It helps to maintain natural quantity of menstrual flow.
- Boil the "Ashoka Powder" with cow’s milk add sugar in it. Take this milk for 3 months.
- It also helps in destroying the worms of stomach so helps in comfortable feeling of stomach.
- Boil the powder while mixing water and cow’s milk. Boil this till the water evaporates. After that add sugar to taste and take once a time regularly.
- Mix "Ashoka Powder" and "Rock Sugar" well take ½ teaspoon in morning ½ teaspoons in evening in leucorrhoea (white discharge).
- Grind mustard with the decoction of the "Ashoka Powder" and dry it in shade. Apply it on your face to turn your face skin shiny and glowy.
- Take 100 gram of "Ashoka Powder" and boil it in 2 glass of water. Take it off when left 1 cup. Mix ½ cup of "Mustard Oil" into it. Keep it for cooling. Apply regularly to get rid of pimples.
**Regular use of "Ashoka Powder" makes a female healthy.
Note: Color, Taste, Aroma of the product may change from batch to batch.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.
Other Uncommon Names of This Herb: Sokanasa, Karnapurakah, Visoka, Raktaka, Ragi, Citra, Sadpadamanjari, Tamrapallavah, Kankeli, Pindapuspa, Gandhapuspa, Gandhapushpa, Nata, Asokah, Sokanasah, Vanjuladruma, Madhupuspa, Apasoka, Kelika, Ramavamanghrighataka, Pallavadru, Raktapallavaka, Citra, Vicitrah, Karnapurakah, Subhagah, Smaradhivasa, Dosahari, Prapallava, Ragitaru, Hemapuspa, Vanjula, Vanjulam, Sorrowless Tree.