Ghee - Pure
Ghee, an integral part of the Ayurvedic health science is considered a premier Rasayana. A food that helps maintain good health, vitality and longevity. Ghee is excellent for balancing Vata (air) and Pitta (fire) related doshas (humors). It is satvic (healthy) food, which has a pure influence on mind, body and spirit. Vata type people can enjoy more ghee than Pitta (fire) type who in turn can enjoy more ghee than Kapha (water) types. Ghee also brings out the aroma and flavor of many foods.
According to Ayurveda
Ghee helps to loosen up and liquefy toxins and pacify Humors (doshas) in the skin and blood (called the outer disease pathway). Ghee helps to carry the healing benefit of many herbs, spices and other foods to the deep cells and tissues of the body. It opens the small channels for dislodging and removing heavy toxins. Thus, toxins begin to drain from deeper tissues and start to flow in the gastro intestinal tract for elimination. It also lubricates and moistens the membranes and tissues. It protects tissues from damage, helps in the proper flowing of wastes and toxins from the body. People with a strong digestive power can use more ghee than those with a weak digestive system. As per Ayurveda the colon is related to all other organs and tissues. When the colon is cleansed and toned successfully, the entire body receives healing and rejuvenation. The colon is the main organ through which the body absorbs nutrients thus, a proper functioning colon is imperative for efficient assimilation of nutrients.
What is Ghee?
Ghee is a semi-liquid form of butter without water content, lactose and other milk solids. It is prepared by gently heating butter until it becomes a clear golden liquid. Ghee is light, pure and does not become rancid for a long time. Ghee, the Ayurvedic cooking medium, has a rich, buttery taste and aroma, and comes with a host of benefits listed in the traditional Ayurvedic texts.
Benefits of Ghee in the Ayurvedic Science
In Ayurveda ghee is a foundational ingredient, it imparts the benefits of the best essential fatty acids without the problems of oxidized cholesterol, trans-fatty acids or hydrogenated fats. It is also resistant to free radical damage and is both salt and lactose free. It contains butyric acid, a fatty acid with antiviral properties. Ayurveda considers ghee as the ultimate cooking oil, with diverse mind/body benefits listed in the ancient texts.
- Absorption: Ghee is an oil that can bond with lipid-soluble nutrients and herbs to penetrate the lipid-based cell walls of the body. Thus, it increases the potency of certain herbs by carrying the active components to the interior of the cells, which helps to increase Marrow, Semen & Ojas (Immunity).
- Preservative: Ghee contains no water, so it does not spoil easily and hence preserves the original freshness and potency of herbs and foods. Therefore, no refrigeration is required for ghee. It is ancient Ayurvedic and folk assumption that as Ghee becomes aged, though its taste becomes slightly bitter its effectiveness and healing properties increases. In many Ayurvedic classical formulation 5 to 10 years older Ghee is highly recommended.
- Digestion: The Ayurvedic texts say that ghee lubricates the digestive system and improves the digestive power because it helps enhance digestion without irritating the stomach and balance the stomach acids to maintain and repair the mucus lining of the stomach. Ghee aids proper digestion and nutrient assimilation. People who are lactose intolerant can generally consume ghee.
- Mind: Ghee is said to promote all three aspects of mental functioning: learning, memory and recall. The traditional texts also designate ghee a medhya Rasayana, (Healthy and balanced fat in the body), beneficial for mental alertness and memory. It supports healthy vision, voice, intelligence and brain function.
Other Benefits of Ghee
- Ghee has been given the cherished title of "Rasayana" in Ayurveda pre-eminent herbs and foods that help overall health, longevity and well-being.
- Ghee is highly recommended for people having problems with piles, fisher, and fistula.
- Ghee enhances the quantity and quality of semen and ovum also referred to as Ojas, our immunity (the master coordinator of mind and body).
- More Ojas translates to increased fertility and healthier children.
- Ghee is well known as an anti-aging ingredient.
- Ghee helps the equal distribution of fats in the body.
For Best Results
Herbs Forever provides, Ghee made of pure butter of non-hormonal milk that does not contain any unnatural ingredient from origination to final process. This ghee comes directly from India, where 80 percent of the population is vegetarian.
Processed under strict hygienic conditions.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.